Can't install after modify comps.xml file (Jack Ngo)
Spike White
2014-12-12 17:21:14 UTC
Jack,

What is it you're trying to do? I think altering the pristine RHEL7
install media as delivered
from Redhat is philosophically a bad idea. As there's copious other ways
to accomplish the same
result.

1. If you're wanting to tailor the list of packages, you can do that in
your kickstart file.

Here's an example of how to do this. (This example uses HTTP, but you
could trivially
modify to use NFS.)

%pre
wget
http://143.66.6.45/redhat/RHEL7/x86_64/install/subtracted_packages.txt
wget http://143.66.6.45/redhat/RHEL7/x86_64/install/added_packages.txt
%end

%packages --ignoremissing
@^Minimal Install
%include /tmp/build/added_packages.txt
%include /tmp/build/subtracted_packages.txt
%end

2. If you want to add supplemental third-party RPMs, you can add in your
%post section to
NFS copy a tarball with this content. And then explode out the content and
install.
Or install the RPMs directly from a NFS share.

3. If you want to patch RHEL7.0 to the latest from RHN channel, you can do
that also in
your %post section.

For instance we have a yum repo (rhel5.latest), but you could also use
SpaceWalk.

4. If you wanted to further customize, you could craft your own LiveImage
and install
from LiveImage.

In short, I'm grasping at any use case where it's necessary to modify the
pristine RHEL7
install media.

(Boot media yes, install media no).

Spike
Message: 1
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:23:03 +0700
Subject: Can't install after modify comps.xml file
Hi everyone,
After I modifed RHEL7 comps.xml in /repodata dir and use createrepo
command
to re-create a new /repodata dir, I can't install any Base Environment.
failure: Packages/tar-1.26-29.el7.x86_64.rpm from anaconda: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try."
If I use original /repodata dir, it's ok. I use NFS installation method.