Anaconda Help
Boyce, Kevin P (AS)
2015-06-30 21:54:12 UTC
All,

I was hoping someone could clear a few things up for me with anaconda installer on a RedHat EL 6.6 factory media.

When using kickstart I have a %pre script that creates a container file I'd like to use to install the OS on. Then I create a partition table on it and use losetup and kpartx to create loopback device nodes for it. The problem with this is that I think LVM is filtering out these types of block devices. In the storage.log file there is LVM filter: adding loop2p1 to the reject list. Ignoring loop2p1 ( /devices/virtual/block/dm-0). Is there a way to prevent this behavior and allow the installer to use /dev/loop* as an installable block device?

My second question involves the use of controlling how the /etc/fstab file is generated by anaconda. I would like to use the disk labels in /etc/fstab and on UUID. Is there an option to pass in the kickstart file to control this behavior?

Thanks,

Kevin