Anaconda detect RHEL when reinstall a new OS
Jack Ngo
2015-03-31 08:52:24 UTC
Step to reproduce:
1/ Install my own OS to VM and reboot.
2/ Insert ISO and boot from ISO.
3/ Click on Installation destination, choose the same hard drive to install
OS, choose to reclaim space.

Actual result:
- Anaconda detect my own OS as RHEL
Expected result:
- Anaconda could detect my own OS

So what package I need to change for Anaconda to detect my own OS in
installed system?

Thanks for your help !!!
Chris Lumens
2015-03-31 13:49:33 UTC
Post by Jack Ngo
1/ Install my own OS to VM and reboot.
2/ Insert ISO and boot from ISO.
3/ Click on Installation destination, choose the same hard drive to install
OS, choose to reclaim space.
- Anaconda detect my own OS as RHEL
- Anaconda could detect my own OS
So what package I need to change for Anaconda to detect my own OS in
installed system?
You need a /etc/os-release file that has a NAME= and VERSION_ID=. It's
probably picking RHEL as a default currently.

- Chris
Jack Ngo
2015-04-01 03:56:49 UTC
Thanks Chris !!!

And could you tell me which Anaconda files have functions to read
/etc/os-release file?
Chris Lumens
2015-04-01 13:50:20 UTC
Post by Jack Ngo
And could you tell me which Anaconda files have functions to read
/etc/os-release file?
It's all in blivet/osinstall.py in the blivet package, which is the
storage library that anaconda uses. You can find that file here:

https://github.com/rhinstaller/blivet/blob/master/blivet/osinstall.py

- Chris
Jack Ngo
2015-04-02 01:43:44 UTC
Post by Chris Lumens
Post by Jack Ngo
And could you tell me which Anaconda files have functions to read
/etc/os-release file?
It's all in blivet/osinstall.py in the blivet package, which is the
https://github.com/rhinstaller/blivet/blob/master/blivet/osinstall.py
- Chris
Thanks Chris !!!

It's very helpful...