Testing Hello World addon
sad man
2015-07-13 02:53:26 UTC
Hi I am beginning to write a Cloud addon for Anaconda. I have a question
regarding testing and development environment.

​1. Hello_world doesn't seem to show up during the install.
I cloned the hello_world example
<https://github.com/rhinstaller/hello-world-anaconda-addon>and placed it on
my install media as specified in the installer. My directory structure
<iso>/usr/share/anaconda/addons/org_fedora_hello
<iso>images/addon_updates.img

​What is hello_world addon supposed to do? (is it supposed to show up
during install?) how can I test it?

2. Development environment, right now from what I understand I can only
test my code by placing it on install media and then running the setup
(which is tedious).

Is there a better way to setup development environment for anaconda
(addons)?
--
Cheers,

Asad
sad man
2015-07-16 15:34:20 UTC
Update (for any soul that may venture here): Just tested it
Hello_world works fine with fedora (anaconda 22 or higher). I was
using Centos 7 (anaconda 19) which doesn't support addons (yet).

For Development environment: PDB can be used to debug anaconda and
generating an updates.img and then using inst.updates seems a pretty
decent solution to me.

Asadullah Hussain
Martin Kolman
2015-07-16 15:44:20 UTC
Post by sad man
Update (for any soul that may venture here): Just tested it
Hello_world works fine with fedora (anaconda 22 or higher). I was
using Centos 7 (anaconda 19) which doesn't support addons (yet).
Good to hear that it's working for you. :)